Invisalign Patient Instructions
Here are some instructions that you are required to follow in order to get the most from your Invisalign treatment:
- You must wear your aligners 22 hours a day in order for your treatment to work to its maximum capability. The more you wear your aligners, the better the result!
- You will be given a sequence of aligners, and each will be numbered in a bag. You must change your aligner each week, but only if the aligner is seated 100 percent. If the next aligner is not fully seated, wear the previous one for an extra 48 hours.
- Your oral hygiene must be at a high level of standard, bad oral hygiene can interfere with treatment and create difficulty in aligning your teeth. Brushing 3 times daily and visiting the hygienist every 4-6 months is recommended.
- Cleaning your aligners daily is important, you can do this by using a spare toothbrush and regular toothpaste. We also sell Retainer Brite tablets in the practice which can be used if the aligner becomes discoloured.
- It is important to remove your aligner when eating or drinking as this causes staining and discolouring of both aligner and the attachments on your teeth.
- You will be provided with sticks in this bag, which you must use daily for 10 minutes to ensure the aligner is seated down fully – usually before bed is the best time to do this.
- There is also a box for your aligners. It is important to keep them in the box and not tissue paper any time you remove them as they can be easily lost or damaged.
- Keep all your previous aligners safe at home. If you lose one, you can go back to the previous week and wear this for an extra week. This means you will not fall off track with your treatment.
- It is important to attend all of your appointments to check your progress and you will be provided with new aligners.
The instructions above are applicable for the Invisalign Go treatment also.
If you have any other queries please do not hesitate to call us.