We have treated hundreds of dental implant patients from all over Ireland and the UK, many of them drawn by our experience, the outstanding quality of our results and our affordability.
We now also have payment plans to spread the cost, a state of the art on site dental lab and advanced facilities to offer a wide range of dental implant treatments to our patients.
We are one of the major providers of dental implant treatment in Ireland and are well placed to comment on the state of the dental implant industry.
Dental Implant Cost in Ireland
The average cost of a dental implant and crown in Ireland is currently €2,000 - €2,500 per tooth. Dr. Peter Doherty
Factors That Affect The Cost of Dental Implants
- additional postgraduate training is required before a dentist is able to place implants
- the implants themselves are expensive for clinics to buy
- the instruments used in surgery are costly
- there are costs associated with creating a sterile and safe environment for surgery
- each crown or bridge is individually custom made for the patient’s mouth and will fit nobody else
How Much Bone Do You Have Available?
One of the most important factors to consider when planning a dental implant is how much bone there is available. Bone is the foundation for an implant and needs to be strong enough to support a tooth.
If you are missing bone you may require some bone augmentation to strengthen the available bone or increase the amount of bone available to place an implant into.
Our Goal for Dental Implants at 3Dental
At 3Dental our goal is to make advanced dentistry accessible to the average person, and our dental implant costs start from €1,400 for an implant and crown. Dr. Peter Doherty
We have been able to achieve this by creating a large clinic which places hundreds of implants per year.
This allows us to buy implants in bulk and get discounts from the manufacturers which we pass on to our patients.
The laboratory uses the latest in ceramic and digital technologies to provide savings to our patients. To find out the full process behind dental implants, check out our blog post on the dental implant placement procedure.
Dental Implants Cost Whole Mouth
If a person has multiple decayed teeth, or loose teeth due to advanced gum disease they may be faced with the prospect of losing all of their teeth and having a denture fitted.
Dentures are associated with problems such as discomfort, looseness, speech problems, difficulty tasting food, and they can just make people feel unhappy with their mouth and smile.
As an alternative to this, we can provide people with fixed in teeth on dental implants in just one day with our “Smile In A Day” procedure.
This means that a patient can walk into the clinic in the morning with their failing teeth or their dentures, and leave that evening with a fully fixed in set of new teeth which will look and feel as close to natural teeth as is possible.
We have completed hundreds of these cases and have changed the lives of those patients for the better.
We charge €10,000 per arch for our Smile In A Day treatment (also referred to as Teeth In A Day). Therefore, a full new set of teeth (whole mouth - both arches) with a fixed in bridge (completed in just one day) costs €20,000. Dr. Peter Doherty
Here is just one example of our happy patients that has undergone the Smile in a day treatment:
Upper Dental Implants Cost
Upper front teeth are the most likely teeth to be damaged due to sporting mishaps, falls from a bicycle, or when someone trips over accidentally. Upper back teeth are generally lost to gum disease or decay.
The other reasons someone might need an upper dental implant would be due to a failed filling, root canal, or crown, or perhaps the tooth never developed and has been missing all along.
- Upper dental implants start at €1,400 per tooth at 3Dental.
Lower Dental Implants Cost
The reasons someone might need a lower dental implant would be that they have lost a tooth due to trauma, decay, gum disease, or perhaps the tooth never developed and has been missing all along.
Lower front teeth have quite small roots and are often the first teeth to be lost to gum disease.
- Lower dental implants start at €1,400 per tooth at 3Dental.
Our Dental Lab Technology
In the past, implant crowns were hand made in a long and laborious process. Our dental laboratory uses digital CAD CAM technology to simplify this process and produce beautiful teeth from modern ceramic materials.
While people's individual situations are unique and will be priced accordingly, this post is designed to give you a feel for how much implant treatment might cost in Ireland.
Of course, you are always welcome to come in and get a free consultation to get confirmation of a figure.
3Dental Implant Services
- A dental implant is a substitute for the root of a missing tooth. Implants are used to replace single teeth by placing a porcelain crown on top. Alternatively, multiple teeth can be replaced by placing a dental bridge over several implants.
- They are fixed in position, look and feel like natural teeth, and avoid the problems associated with bridges or dentures. They are the closest thing in dentistry to natural teeth.
Implant Retained Dentures
- We have helped many patients to enjoy the benefits of stable dentures through treatment with implant retained dentures. Between two and four implants can be used to anchor dentures in your mouth.
- The implants peep out of your gums a tiny bit and the denture then clips onto these to secure itself into position.
- Your dentures can be removed at night when you sleep and when you wish to clean them.
Smile In A Day
- Smile in a day (sometimes referred to as Teeth in a day) replaces your teeth (or dentures) with a fully fixed in bridge secured by a minimum of four dental implants.
- It is the closest you can get to a full set of natural teeth.
We sincerely hope you got something from this post. There's no doubt that if you are require dental implants that it pays to do your research first.
We would love to offer you a free consultation to see if we might be a good fit for your smile needs. Visit our locations page to get in touch :)