What You Should Know About Teeth Whitening
Tooth discolouration is a naturally occurring problem that can be further exacerbated by our lifestyle choices. The battle to maintain healthy white teeth sometimes seems never ending, and that's mainly because there are so many things working to undermine every effort. Smoking, consumption of alcohol, tea and coffee drinking, and even simply the ravages of time can all have a detrimental effect on the health and appearance of tooth enamel. Yet for all the difficulty, it is not a lost cause. Modern dental technology has evolved to a point where it is now possible to achieve any wondrous result that might in earlier times have been thought impossible. There are techniques available that can include straightening, teeth whitening, and—in the most dire cases—replacing teeth, to give you a smile at whatever level of perfection you desire.
What are the Benefits of Teeth Whitening?
Having whiter teeth is of benefit to anybody because:
- Whiter teeth convey an impression of youth, good health, and vitality
- Whiter teeth are generally considered to make a person more attractive
- Whiter teeth can help you to feel more confident
- Whitening the teeth can help to mask troublesome blemishes or stains
What Teeth Whitening Options are Available?
There are many options available for whitening methods:
- Home Whitening Kit — This is one of the more popular and most affordable choices for many individuals
- Porcelain veneers — A more drastic situation where a whitening kit wouldn't be sufficient to achieve the desired look.
- Dental Implants — Dental implants are the last resort. They should only be used in situations where the teeth are in such bad condition that even veneers would not help. It is seen as a last resort because your natural teeth are extracted and replaced.
The latter solution is of course the most costly procedure of all, but it is also certain to give total satisfaction because the teeth are being replaced.
Effectively, this means no matter what your age or lifestyle, you are receiving brand new teeth, albeit artificial ones. These new teeth will be straight and in perfect condition, devoid of any stains or decay. Unlike dentures, they can't move around and they're intended to be permanently in place.
You can choose any of these methods, or even hybrid solutions that incorporate more than one method. Whichever method you decide upon, you can count on our dentists in Dublin for total support and professionalism.
Stress-Free Teeth Whitening at 3Dental
We are 100% committed to ensuring the well-being of our patients, and this includes helping to avoid anxiety over payments.
All treatments that cost over €150 can be covered by a flexible payment plan, and of course if you have comprehensive dental insurance before seeking treatment, your insurer may pay some or even all of the cost, depending on the terms and conditions of your policy.
If using a home whitening kit sounds a bit daunting, there is no need to be afraid. Our expert dental team will provide full guidance and instruction, and you can ask them any questions about which you have concerns.
Be assured that many thousands of people have used these kits without adverse effect and are now enjoying brighter, healthy looking smiles. For more information check out our teeth whitening page.