They can also be used to hold dentures in position. Dental implants are a very elegant solution to the problem of a missing tooth.
They are fixed in position, look and feel like natural teeth, and avoid the problems associated with bridges or dentures. They are the closest thing in dentistry to natural teeth.
Why Choose a Dental Implant?
Dentures are removable, and as such may move when eating and speaking. Some patients also find them bulky or uncomfortable to wear. Bridges require the adjacent teeth to be filed down which may cause problems down the line.
It is a shame to have to file down a healthy tooth and risk damaging or losing it.
- Replace a missing tooth (or teeth)
- Doesn’t require any adjustment to the natural teeth
- Look and feel like natural teeth
- Avoid the problems associated with dentures
- Laugh and smile again with confidence
- Prevents bone loss after tooth extraction
- Same day implant and crown is possible (in suitable cases)
- Over 99% success rate (at 3Dental)
- Minimal recovery time
How can Dental Implants help with Dentures?
Eventually there may be little bone for the dentures to rest on causing dentures to slip and slide, fall when speaking, or make chewing some foods impossible. Dental implants can be used to hold your dentures in place, eliminating these problems.
The Dental Implant Process
- Initial free assessment
- 3D scan to assess suitability
- Moulds of the mouth taken if required
- Treatment plan devised
- All costs discussed up front
- Implant placement
- Moulds taken for the teeth to go on top 3 months later
- Teeth are fitted 4-6 months after implant placement